Sunday 14 October 2012

Introduction to Christine Alongi


Below you will find my blog about my meeting with a local Public Relations expert. I chose to interview Christine Alongi, Winnipeg Airport Authority’s director of communications and public affairs. Since I work in the tourism industry, I have had interest in our new international airport and also the visitors that come through the airport who come to visit our beautiful city of Winnipeg. I've seen Christine on news spots and felt she would be an excellent choice as my interview subject. Shortly after we received our assignment, I called Christine, explaining the assignment; she was very willing to meet with me. I met her at her office by the airport the morning of October 2. Christine's PR journey started with a University of Winnipeg Arts degree followed by a diploma in business administration from Red River College. She worked for Moffit Communications for a number of years as a project manager for a variety of media groups, always in a corporate environment. She was hired by the Winnipeg Airport Authority in 2003, creating a new position as director of communications and public affairs. She is a "Powerhouse", in my opinion. I think you will agree once you've read the blog below.

No comments:

Post a Comment